The Organizer reserves the right to modify or amend any of these rules and regulations of the Event from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, the Organizer will take into account the interests of all the affected participants.
Any updates on the rules and regulations of the event will be notified on the official website damascusmarathon.org and it is the responsibility of the affected participant to keep abreast with any changes.
For any enquiries related to the event, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all international runners registration fees regardless of the distance are included in their travel packages
- Local runners should contact the Organizer by email for payment details
- Once registration has been processed, there will be no refund for participants who will not eventually participate in the Event
- The event is open to all nationalities
- Only registered participants with visible BIB numbers can take part in the race
- Bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course
- Pets are not allowed on the course.
- Runners must run on the official route. Taking any shortcuts is strictly prohibited and will lead to a immediate disqualification
- Any pacing done by a person on a moving vehicle (car, motorcycle, bike, and rollers) is a disqualifying violation
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In that case the Organizer will make the effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. There will be no refund if the event is cancelled for reasons that are beyond the control of the Organizer, that make it impossible or unsafe to hold the event
- The Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information in the registration form
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. The Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes
- The form on the reverse side of the participant’s running bib must be completed in full and accurately. Participants must wear the assigned BIB number in a visible place. Participants who do not display bib numbers will be taken off the course by security officers/officials and immediately disqualified
- Road closures will be lifted after 7 hours from commencement of the race (cut-off time), therefore all the runners must complete the race within 7 hours
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer or exchange their BIB numbers to another parties or change distances after their registrations are confirmed
- Athletes with partial or total loss of vision can participate in any race, but must be accompanied by their own guide. The guide will not compete but must be registered to obtain a BIB number
- Wheelchair competitors can participate in any race, but must send a picture of their wheelchair to the Organizer to determine if any assistance will be required to the start and during the race
- Participants must be 17 years or older as of Event day to participate in the Full Marathon (42.195km) category
- Participants must be 16 years or older as of Event day to participate in the Half Marathon (21.1km) category
- Participants must be 14 years or older as of Event day to participate in the 10 KM Race category
- Disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing including electronic mail (email@example.com)
- There will be no prize money
- Only registered runners will be entitled to a medal and electronic certificate
- First 3 female runners and first 3 male runners will receive a special trophy as addition to the medal. Only runners with recorded and verified times on their own timing devices will be eligible for trophies. If a runner denies or is not able to present their timing device showing the time and distance covered, no trophy will be granted. In that case, the trophy is passed to the next finisher.
- Winners of the overall categories will be based on their respective GUN TIME
- Always be respectful of the environment you are using during the event.
- Do not litter the streets with plastic bottles, and always keep the space you use clean
- Political slogans or discussion are purely forbidden
- Always be cheerful and respectful to all participants, officials, organizers and volunteers
- Wear a face mask during gatherings before and after the Race
- Maintain a 1.5m distance from other individuals
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow, sleeve or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards
- Washing your hands before and after the race with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth – with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you have cold- or flu-like symptoms and remain home until fever-free (without fever reducing medicine) for 24 hours
- Exchanging water bottles is strictly forbidden